I saw these high protein and high fibre fettuccine made of edamame and mung beans and had to try these. The fettuccine is also gluten free. The instructions on the box were to have the fettuccine with avocado and coriander sauce but I made it with tomato sauce as I didn’t have any avocados at home.
- 100 grams of the Edemame and mung bean fettuccine
- 2 cups of passata or tinned tomatoes, blended
- 2-3 gloves of grated garlic
- 1 hot green chilli cut into small chunks – so easy to remove after cooking
- ½ cup of edamame beans (fresh ones were available in Tescos but you can use frozen)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 tbls olive oil
- 1 tsp oregano
- handful of grated cheese
- some fresh coriander to garnish
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil and add in the grated garlic, stir and add in the edamame, passata, green chillies and salt and pepper. Cook until it’s simmering. Now add the oregano.
2. In a second saucepan,boil some water and cook the edamame and mung bean fettuccine as per the instructions on the pack. (5-7 minutes in boiling water, then reduce heat and cook for a further 5-7 minutes then drain.
3. Once drained serve the fettuccine topped with the tomato sauce. Garnish it with grated cheese and fresh coriander and serve hot.
This pasta is gluten free so a good one to have in the cupboard for any when you have to make gluten free meals. The pasta is easy and quick to cook and great for making a filling meal.
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips ? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on email@example.com for more information.
Please Note: The recipe and all the comments in this post are mine and I am sharing the information on this product and recipe for my readers.