We missed out on a Thai meal with friends tonight as we were busy with other commitments. So when I got home, I thought I would make myself a Red Thai Curry with the help of some easy ingredients. Red Thai Curry is a quick and easy recipe taught to me by my son. I must say, youngsters these days love trying out new dishes and it’s a joy to be learning from them rather than teaching them cooking. We enjoyed the Red Thai Curry so much that I thought I would share it with you all as a Kids friendly dish.
- 3 Bowls of mixed vegetables. ( I used a mixture of frozen cauliflower, green beans, peas,sweetcorn and carrots)
- 1 small boiled and mashed potato.
- 1 jar of Red Thai Curry Paste ( I Know some of my Thai chefs will cringe at me using ready paste
but I promise you this paste was delicious. Do check the label and make sure that it is vegetarian as some varieties contain fish sauce)
- 1 can of 500 mls coconut milk (This too came in a ready can!)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 4-5 cloves (optional)
- A small bunch of finely cut coriander
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan.
2. Add the cumin seeds and cloves. ( I would say that this step is Indian rather than Thai!)
3. When the cloves pop add the mixed vegetables and stir them.
6. Add the coconut milk and bring to boil.
7. Add the mashed potato (this helps to thicken the gravy) and allow to simmer for 15-20 minutes.
8. Sprinkle some coriander to the Red Thai Curry.
9. The Red Thai Curry is ready to be served with Rice!! I used Basmati rice but I would recommend Thai fragrant rice.