Ingredients for 5 servings:
- 250 gms of mangoes ( I used 2 large Indian Alphonso mangoes)
- 1 tsp fresh ginger – grated
- 1 tsp cardamom – coarsely ground
- ½ tsp nutmeg – finely ground
- 3 tbs sugar- finely ground/ For diabetics you can use sugar substitute like Splenda or Canderal
- 250 gms Mascarpone cheese
- 200 gms Philadelphia soft cheese
- 200 gms Greek style yogurt
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2-3 drops of Vanilla essence
- 100 gms shortbread cookies – broken into small chunks
2. Add the one tsp lemon juice, all the grated ginger and 1 tablespoon sugar to the chopped mango. Mix and cook this for 1 minute in the microwave. (Please note that every microwave has different wattage). Stir the mixture and cook for 1 minute again.
3. Remove the mango mixture, crush all the fruit using a fork and chill the mixture for 30-40 minutes.
5. Mix the mascarpone cheese, philadelphia cheese and greek style yogurt together with the remaining teaspoon of lemon juice. Also add the nutmeg, cardamom, vanilla essence and 2 tablespoons of sugar or sugar substitute and mix well. If the mixture feels too thick – you can add a spoonful of warm milk to soften it.
6. Take 5 glasses and add a teaspoon of the cheese mixture in each glass. Add a second layer with a spoonful of the chilled mango. Add the third layers with the crushed biscuits. Repeat this layering again twice more finishing with the soft cheese layer.
Here are a variety of dessert recipes for you to try out:
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips ? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.