Ingredients for 5 servings:
- 250 gms of mangoes ( I used 2 large Indian Alphonso mangoes)
- 1 tsp fresh ginger – grated
- 1 tsp cardamom – coarsely ground
- ½ tsp nutmeg – finely ground
- 3 tbs sugar- finely ground/ For diabetics you can use sugar substitute like Splenda or Canderal
- 250 gms Mascarpone cheese
- 200 gms Philadelphia soft cheese
- 200 gms Greek style yogurt
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2-3 drops of Vanilla essence
- 100 gms shortbread cookies – broken into small chunks
2. Add the one tsp lemon juice, all the grated ginger and 1 tablespoon sugar to the chopped mango. Mix and cook this for 1 minute in the microwave. (Please note that every microwave has different wattage). Stir the mixture and cook for 1 minute again.
3. Remove the mango mixture, crush all the fruit using a fork and chill the mixture for 30-40 minutes.
5. Mix the mascarpone cheese, philadelphia cheese and greek style yogurt together with the remaining teaspoon of lemon juice. Also add the nutmeg, cardamom, vanilla essence and 2 tablespoons of sugar or sugar substitute and mix well. If the mixture feels too thick – you can add a spoonful of warm milk to soften it.
6. Take 5 glasses and add a teaspoon of the cheese mixture in each glass. Add a second layer with a spoonful of the chilled mango. Add the third layers with the crushed biscuits. Repeat this layering again twice more finishing with the soft cheese layer.