Summer and Wimbledon is time for Strawberries . The inspiration for this cheesecake recipe was from Nayna Kanabar’s blog –Simply food. She has some really great recipes on her blog. Her recipe for lemon cheesecake is here. I changed the recipe slightly by using fresh strawberries which are in abundance this summer.
(I changed them slightly to suit the tastes of my family)
- 300 grams Digestives
- 100 grams melted butter
- 250 grams of mascarpone cheese
- 100 mls double cream
- 100 grams icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
- 20-25 fresh strawberries
For the base:
1. Grease and line loose bottomed cake tin with baking paper. You can also use aluminium foil or double cling film. Leave the lining a bit big to enable you to lift the cake from the cake base.
2. Crush the biscuits. The best way to do this is as explained in Nayna’s recipe. Put all the biscuits in a strong plastic food bag and crush them using a rolling pin.
5. Allow this biscuit mixture to cool in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
For the filling:
14. Cut the left over strawberries in half and decorate the cake.
Here are a variety of dessert recipes for you to try out: