Let me first tell you a bit about Quorn as I am not sure how popular it is out of the UK. Quorn’ is the brand name for a range of meat-free ingredients and meals available in all UK supermarkets. Quorn is versatile and quick to cook. The mycoprotein used to produce Quorn is extracted from a fungus, Fusarium venenatum, which is grown in large fermentation vats.
Ingredients for 2 servings:
- 3 cups of Quorn Mince
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 cups or Passata or tinned chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of coriander and cumin powder
- 3-4 cups of fettucini (you can use spaghetti too)
- Grated cheddar cheese
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the tomatoes (passata or chopped tomatoes)
2. Add the garlic, salt, pepper and cumin/coriander powder.
3. Add the Quorn mince. You can add mixed vegetables to this as well if you wish to..
4. Add half a cup of water to the mixture and allow it to simmer for 20 -25 minutes. This enables the mince to absorb all the flavours.
5. In the meantime, heat some hot water ready to cook the fettuccine or spaghetti as per the instruction on the packet.
6. Serve the fettuccine hot topped with the Quorn Mince: Quorn Spaghetti Bolognese and cheese.