Recently I had dinner at a vegetarian restaurant in London where they were actually sharing their recipes with their customers by leaving recipe cards to pick up as you left the restaurant. I picked up this recipe and made the dish. My young niece who is visiting me my USA helped me follow this recipe and took pictures using the iPhone. The pictures and the dish turned out great and I hope you too will enjoy making it.
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 300 grams spaghetti
- 300 grams mixed vegetables (I used carrots, broccoli, green beans , green peas and cauliflower)
- 500 mls semi skimmed milk
- 100 mls freshly squeezed orange juice
- 100 mls vegetable bouillon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 30 grams fine corn flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oregano and mint leaves to garnish
1. In one saucepan, take plenty of water, add 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon olive oil to it and cook the mixed vegetables and pasta. (I cook them together but you can cook them separately too if you like)
2. In a second saucepan, mix the cold milk, orange juice, vegetable bouillon.
3. Put this to boil and keep stirring it all the time to ensure that the milk doesn’t separate.
4. Once the milk boils, add the corn flour and keep stirring until the sauce thickens.
5. Drain the vegetables and paste.
6. Add the white sauce to the vegetables and pasta and mix.
7. Add the remaining olive oil, salt and pepper and oregano and serve immediately.
Other spaghetti recipes you may wish to try from my blog are listed below: