Want not – waste not is my motto. I hate any food being wasted as I know that there are so many people in the world who are starving. So whenever, I end up making extra spaghetti – I know it won’t get wasted. Spaghetti Dessert recipe was created by my father in law . He used the leftover spaghetti to make a sweet – something similar to “Gujarati sev”. His recipe turned out great and we now call it “bapuji’s sev recipe” and we never have to waste any spaghetti. Here’s my recipe for making “bapuji’s sev recipe” from left over spaghetti. Lately, we have started using the angel hair spaghetti which is really easy to cook and very tasty. Spaghetti Dessert recipe works great with it.
- One bowl left over angel hair or similar spaghetti (roughly 3 cups)
- 1 tablespoon ghee (or add some butter)
- 2 -3 tablespoon jaggery ( you can use more if you have a sweet tooth)
- a pinch or two of cardommon powder
- half cup water]
- sliced almonds and pistachios to decorate the dish.
1. Add the ghee to the jaggery and warm the two until the jaggery starts to melt.
2. Add the water to this mixture and wait for it to boil.
What do you do with your left over spaghetti?