Chick peas are a stable item in my cupboard. I keep the dry legumes as well as ready boiled tins. The tins come in handy for making curries as well as salads. You can also make hummus from the chick peas. I usually use chick peas to make a curry or falafels and today, I am using them in a salad and get all the benefits of the proteins in them
- 1 cup boiled chick peas
- ½ red pepper
- ½ yellow pepper
- 3-4 radishes
- 1 onion
- 2-3 iceberg salad leaves
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons of dried basil
- 2 teaspoon of lo salt (one to use when boiling the chick peas)
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tomato
8. When ready to serve, chop the onion finely and add to the salad. At this stage, you can also add feta cheese if you like it. Taste and add any seasoning if necessary.
9. Serve as a starter with papadums and mango chutney.
More recipes using chickpeas from my blog are:
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips ? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.