Today was fathers day and I wanted to make a sweet that everyone in the family would enjoy but at the same time could be made very quickly. I learnt this quick and easy cheat recipe for shrikand years ago from my aunt. I was young and newly married and didn’t know much cooking but I could easily make this quickly with a simple curry and puris. I still make it occasionally.
Ingredients for 4-6 servings:
- 3 containers of Curd cheese which equal to 3 cups (Each container is 227 grams which is equal to one cup)
- ½ cup of ground sugar (Just grind it in the coffee maker)
- 1 cup Pomegranates seeds
- 1 teaspoon of ground cardamom
- ½ teaspoon of nutmeg
- 2 pinches of saffron
- 10-15 almonds (slice some thinly and some into halves)
- 2-3 teaspoons of chocolate chips (optional)
3. Remove into a bowl and decorate it with the pomegranates and almonds. If you like you can add the chocolate chips too.
4. You can also serve it on cookie bases or just layer the shrikand with any fruit in a tall glass.
Pomegranates are in season now so you can always add them to salads and salsa too.
More variations of shrikand recipes from my blog are listed below:
- Traditional Shrikand
- Vegan shrikand
- Pineapple shrikand
- Mango shrikand
- Shrikand using curd cheese
- Strawberry and mascarpone shrikand
- Mascorpone, Quark and double cream shrikand
- Strawberry, hung yogurt and mascarpone parfait (shrikand) .
- Strawberries with mascorpone cheese shrikand
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips ? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.