Today was fathers day and I wanted to make a sweet that everyone in the family would enjoy but at the same time could be made very quickly. I learnt this quick and easy cheat recipe for shrikand years ago from my aunt. I was young and newly married and didn’t know much cooking but I could easily make this quickly with a simple curry and puris. My recipe for traditional shrikand is here.
Ingredients for 4-6 servings:
- 3 containers of Curd cheese which equal to 3 cups (Each container is 227 grams which is equal to one cup)
- ½ cup of ground sugar (Just grind it in the coffee maker)
- pomegranates seeds from 2 pomegranates
- 1 teaspoon of ground cardamom
- ½ teaspoon of nutmeg
- 2 pinches of saffron
- 10-15 almonds (slice some thinly and some into halves)
- 2-3 teaspoons of chocolate chips (optional)
3. Remove into a bowl and decorate it with the pomegranates and almonds. If you like you can add the chocolate chips too.
4. You can also serve it on cookie bases or just layer the shrikand with any fruit in a tall glass.