Summer is here at last and strawberries are ripening so fast that all the farmers are picking them up fast and selling them cheap. We usually add strawberries with other fruits t make fruit salad and have it with lashings of ice cream to keep us cool.
We tried some strawberries with a mixture of mascorpone cheese and double cream and loved the taste. The taste of the cheese with the cream was very similar to the Indian sweet called Shrikand.
This dish makes a great dessert in the summer when you fancy something cool and sweet.
Ingredients for 2-3 servings
- 150 grams Mascorpone Cheese ( you can also use cream cheese)
- 90 grams of double cream
- 50 grams of icing sugar
- 2-3 tbs. icing sugar for garnishing and adding to the strawberries.
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 15-20 fresh strawberries
1. Wash and chop the strawberries in half. Sprinkle a tablespoon of sugar on the strawberries if you have a sweet tooth.
2. In a mixing bowl, mix the mascorpone cheese, double cream, sugar and the teaspoon of sugar. I mixed mine with a fork but you can use a food mixer as that would make the cheese light and fluffy.
3. Add 5-7 strawberries to the cheese mixture and gently mix using a fork.
4. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and decorate it with the rest of the strawberries.
5. Sprinkle some icing sugar on the strawberries and allow this to cool for an hour.
6. Serve it cold as a dessert or a snack.