Rice bhajias are my old time favourite comfort food for weekend snack. It’s perfect for using up left over cooked rice. You can serve them as snacks with any dip. They make a perfect starter too.
Ingredients for 20-25 fritters
- 2 heaped cups of cooked rice
- 250 grams of chick pea flour (also known as besan)
- 1 grated onion
- 2-3 chopped green chillies
- 1 chopped red sweet chilly pepper
- 1 tbls grated ginger
- 2 tbls whole coriander
- 2 tsps ajma (carom seeds)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp coarse black pepper
- 2 pinches of soda bi carbonate
- 1 pinch of turmeric
- 350 cc warm water
- 1 litre oil for deep frying
1. Transfer the rice to a large mixing bowl.
2. Add the chopped onions and red peeper, chilies, ginger and garlic
3. Add the spices – salt, pepper, whole coriander,ajma and turmeric.
4. Add the chickpea flour and mix it using the warm water. Go easy on the water as you may not need to use all of it. The mixture shouldn’t be too runny.