What better way to enjoy a cold and rainy day?
Got any left over bread? Here is another easy recipe for really tasty pakoras. I have several bread bhajia pakoras recipes in my blog and this one is just another variation. These too can be made with by adding any vegetables.
This recipe works with stale bread of any kind. The seeded bread is the best as it gives the bhajias a unique flavour.
Ingredients ( serves 4):
• Bread.: 6 slices of any bread or 3 to 4 rolls .
• 1 small Onion – grated
• 1 sweet potato – grated
• Small bunch of spinach or fenugreek (methi) finely chopped.
• 2 or 3 Crushed green chillies (depends on your taste)
• 1 teaspoon of salt
• 1 teaspoon of turmeric
• 2 teaspoons of sesame seeds
• 1 cup of chickpea flour (chanaflour)
• Sunflower oil to fry the bhajia
1. Soak the bread or bread in water.
2. Grate the onion and sweet potato using a mandoline slicer.
3. Transfer the bread from the water into a colander and remove as much water as possible by gently pressing the bread.
4. Mash the bread by hand in a mixing bowl.
5. Add in the grated onions, potatoes, chillies and the dry spices such as sesame seeds, salt and turmeric.
6. Mix all the ingredients.
7. Add in the chickpea flour – just enough to make a manageable batter.
8. Heat the oil.
9. Drop spoonfuls of this mixture into the hot oil.
10. Fry on medium heat until the bhajias look golden brown. The bhajias should be crispy on the outside and soft and pluffy on the inside.
11. Serve hot with any chutneys or ketchup or a nice cup of tea.
12. These bread Bhajia/Pakora can be served with Chutney, as a starter or can also be eaten as a snack.
Here are some more pakoras recipes in the blog you may wish to try out:
- Mixed Vegetable Pakoras
- Mixed bhajias /pakoras
- Bread and mixed vegetable bhajias or pakoras
- Onion Bhajias – Onion Fritters
- Sweet Potato and Onion Pakoras
- Broccoli pakoras/bhaji’s
- Rice bhajias/fritters
- Sweet potato bhajias
- Chili bhajia
- Vati dall na bhajia
- Slimmers Friendly mixed vegetabke Bhajias
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on email@example.com for more information.