I grew up eating sweet potatoes in curries, chips and crisps and still enjoy them as they taste slightly better than the potato. There are two varieties of sweet potatoes sold in most supermarkets – one with a slightly redder skin and white flesh and one with a lighter colour and yellow flesh. This recipe works with both varieties but the cooking time taken for the yellow flesh one is less. For this recipe, I used the white fleshed sweet potatoes.
Ingredients for 2 servings
- 2 medium to large sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 or 2 green chillies for garnishing
3. Heat the olive oil.4. Add the sweet potatoes and season them with salt and pepper.5. Transfer to a microwave dish and cook for 5minutes.
6. Add lemon juice to the sweet potatoes and microwave for 2 more minutes.
7. Garnish them with green chillies and serve them as a side dish to any meal.
- Sweet potato rings
- Sweet potato and potato curry
- Sweet Potato khichedi
- Farari sambharo
- Sweet potato bateta pawa
- Sweet potato halwa
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips ? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.