I really loved the sweet potato juliennes I made last week. With the month of Shravan still continuing I am having to look for different ways of making the same fasting food look exciting and different so that we don’t get bored. At the same time, I wanted to make sure that we were eating enough proteins with the carbs.
Yesterday, I was rushing to go to work and needed to make something quick to take for my lunch to eat during the shraven fast. I made this quick and easy to make dish using sweet potatoes.
Ingredients for 2 servings:
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (this time I used the yellow fleshed ones)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- lo salt and black pepper to taste
- ½ cup of raw cashews and nuts
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
4. Cook in the microwave for 4 minutes and stir.
5. Add the lemon juice and cook for 1 more minute.
6. Your food is ready to pack in your lunch box.
Tip: If you like your sweet potato rings to be crunchy – you can cook them in the oven ( 15-17 minutes at 190 degrees).