Sev mamra is an Indian snack. It is a mixture of spicy dry ingredients such as puffed rice called mamra and chick pea savory noodles called sev. It is a very light yet filling dish. Some people add fried peanuts and spicy rice noodles to it as well. I tend to make it with a mixture of sev and mamra. This can be eaten on it’s own as a snack or used for toppings on bhel puri and other Indian street foods such as pani puri, ragda patis, sev puri etc… This is favorite food for snacking and children like it.
- 4-5 cups of home made sev Recipe is here (you can use ready made sev.)
- 3-4 cups of mamra (puffed rice)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1-2 tsp sunflower oil
1. Transfer the mamra to a microwave dish and cook for one minute, stir and cook again for 1 minute. All microwaves have different wattage so the time is according to my microwave which is only 750 watts. The mamra can burn or leave a burnt smell if cooked at very high wattage or for too long. You shouldn’t need more than 2-3 minutes to crisp the mamra.
3. Add to the cooked sev and mix well. Some people add extra oil to the mixture by doing a tadka or vaghar but I don’t as there is really no need to add extra oil to the sev mamra.
4. Once cool, store it in an airtight container. This can be stored for a couple of weeks.