Ingredients for 2 servings:
Time 30 minutes.
- 1 bunch of fresh spring Onions
- 1 cup of chick pea flour
- ½ cup of fine bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon mixture of ginger, garlic and green chillies (you can use more if you like hot and spicy food)
- 1 teaspoon Ajwain (Carom seeds)
- 1 teaspoon whole coriander seeds
- 2 pinches of soda bi carbonate
- Oil for deep frying
2. Chop the onions as finely as you can.
3. Add the chick pea flour, bread crumbs, salt, turmeric, the ginger, garlic and chilly mixture together with the ajwain and whole coriander.
4. Add a little over ½ a cup of warm water to the mixture. You may need to add a bit more if the mixture feels a bit dry. Mix well.
5. Heat the oil in a wok or something similar.
6. NOW add the soda bicarbonate to 2 teaspoons of warm water and add to the Spring bhajia mixture. Mix well as this will help make the Spring bhajias soft.
7. Add one tablespoon of hot oil from the wok to the mixture and stir again.
8. Now the mixture is ready to fry. Using a teaspoon, transfer a small amount of mixture at a time into the oil.
9. The Spring bhajias will fluff up and rise to the top. Turn them over and cook until golden to dark brown.
11. Serve Spring onion bhajias with your favourite chutney.
These Spring Onion Bhajias are being sent to Nayna for her Let’s cook for Valentines event