I have always loved chips (fries) but don’t make them so often as we try not to deep fry so much these days. When I first came to UK, that’s all I ate at lunch time as there wasn’t a huge choice of vegetarian options where I worked. They tasted great dipped in ketchup or vinegar. . Being young and carefree – I didn’t worry about the calories at the time and if I had gained any weight I would have blamed the chips and not my eating habits.
We have now worked out this recipe for making chips or wedges which is slightly healthier as we bake these fries/wedges and it’s become just as favourite with us now.
- 4-5 sliced potatoes
- 2-3 heaped tsps corn flour (If you were making this whilst fasting – do not add the corn flour)
- garlic salt and pepper to taste.
- 2 tbls sunflower oil
1. Wash the potatoes and remove them into a mixing bowl.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients – corn flour, garlic salt, pepper and the oil and mix well. (You can add more ingredients likes herbs, chilly powder or even garam masala if you like the taste)
3. Part cook the chips in the microwave on high for 4-5 minutes.
4. Lay them on a baking tray and cook for 4 minutes on 170°C (325° F or Gas mark 3)
5. Check and turn the chips/wedges and cook for a further 4 minutes. When these are cooked to perfection – you will never go back to fried chips/wedges.
6. Serve the chip/wedges hot on their own with ketchup or with baked beans.
How do you like your chips served?
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips ? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.