My sister introduced me to some American Pitta chips which were really delicious with hummus or even sour cream. Since that day, I had been meaning to try making some pitta chips. I made these today using ready made pitta bread.
- 5 Pitta Squares (you van use any pitta bread)
- 2-3 tbls Olive Oil (you can use any oil)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp dried basil (you can use any herbs)
1. Preheat the oven to 170° (325°F or Gas mark 3).
2. Toast the pitta bread (I did mine in a toaster) to separate the pitta pockets and cut the pitta bread into triangles.
3. Transfer the pitta into a large plastic bag and add the oil, salt, pepper and herbs. Tie the bag and shake it so that the oil and spices coat the pitta.
5. Remove and serve the Pitta chips with hot and spicy mango chutney.
How do you like to serve your pitta chips?