My sister introduced me to some American Pita chips which were really delicious with hummus or even sour cream. Since that day, I had been meaning to try making some pita chips.
What are Pita Chips?
Pita chips are made from pita bread that has been cut into triangles and then baked or fried. These chips are a nice change from potato chips and go well with any dip or hummus.
I made these chips today using ready made pita bread.
- 5 Pita Squares (you can use any pitta bread)
- 2-3 tbls Olive Oil (you can use any oil)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp dried basil (you can use any herbs)
1. Preheat the oven to 170° (325°F or Gas mark 3).
2. Toast the pita bread (I did mine in a toaster) to separate the pita pockets and cut the pita bread into triangles.
3. Transfer the pita into a large plastic bag and add the oil, salt, pepper and herbs. Tie the bag and shake it so that the oil and spices coat the pitta.
4. Layer these on a baking tray, turn the oven to 150°C (300°F or Gas mark 2) and cook for 12 minutes. Switch off the oven and leave the pitta chips in the oven for 12 more minutes.
5. Remove and serve the Pita chips with hot and spicy mango chutney.
How do you like to serve your pita chips?
Please note that this is not a sponsored post and all the views in this Post are mine and I did not get paid to write them.
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips ? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.