Who doesn’t love chips (home made fries)? We all love them and I know that everyone has their own ways of eating them. Some enjoy them with tomato sauce and some with Cheese sauce. In my home, we love them with salt and chili powder sprinkled on them and with either the hot encona sauce ot tamarind sauce. Some love chip butties whereas some love them topped with cheese. We made these chick pea flour coated chip and realised that these fries taste a lot better than ordinary chips. They are great eaten with ketchup or any dip.
- 5 medium potatoes
- 2 tbls chick pea flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp hot chili powder (optional)
- oil to fry them in
- Peel, wash and slice the potatoes like chips.
2. Spread them out on a plate and sprinkle the chickpea flour,salt and pepper on the potatoes and mix using well using your hands.
3. Heat some oil i a wok and fry the coated chips until they are crispy on the outside but soft inside.
4. Sprinkle some chili powder on the chips and serve them hot with any sauce or dip.
You may wish to try making my potato chips/wedges too. Here is the recipe
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips ? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on email@example.com for more information.