It’s cauliflower season now so I had to make cauliflower korma using our family recipe. A colleague told me that he always used the ready made korma sauce from the supermarket so I am sharing my home made recipe especially for him. Ready made sauces are handy to use if in a rush but not adviced to use regularly as they have so many hidden ingredients which are probably not good for us.
- 2 cups cauliflower
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 small onions (one to add to the korma sauce and one chopped for the curry)
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 cup passata
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 4tbls dessicated coconut
- 10-12 cashews
- 10 -12 peanuts
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 2 green chilies cut lengthwise
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsps cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1. Prepare the korma sauce as follows: Blend one onion, the dessicated coconut, cashews, peanuts, ginger, garlic and garam masala and keep aside.
2. Cut the cauliflower florets as small as possible. Add them to the peas. Add some salt and turmeric to the cauliflower and peas and boil them in 2 cups of water – until soft.
3. Heat the oil and add the cumin seeds to the oil. Once the seeds brown, add the chopped onions and tomatoes. Add some salt to the mixture.
4. Add the pasatta and chopped chilies.
5. Add the blended korma sauce to the mixture and cook for 5-6 minutes.
6. Add the boiled cauliflower and peas to the korma and cook for a further 10 minutes on a low flame.
Other family favourite cauliflower recipes are:
- Cauliflower and peas curry
- Cauliflower and broccoli curry with cashew nuts
- Cauliflower and sweet potato soup
- Alu Gobi curry
- Cauliflower and potato curry with cashews
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips ? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.