I got some new baby potatoes last week at the farmer’s market so was looking forward to making my usual potato curry. As I had also bought fresh fenugreek, I decided to add it to the potato curry to give it some flavour.
Ingredients for 2 servings:
- 7-8 boiled baby potatoes with the skin removed
- small bunch of fresh fenugreek ( you can substitute this with fresh spinach)
- 2 cups of passata
- 3-4 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 tbls oil
- 1tsp of cumin seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp turmeric
- chili powder to taste
- 1 tbls jaggery or brown sugar
- 1 tbls lemon juice
1. Wash and boil the potatoes and remove their skin. Chop the potatoes into two.
2. Pluck put the leaves from the fenugreek bunch and wash them well. Once washed, roughly chop them.
3. Heat a shallow frying pan and add the oil. I used this Prestige non stick Appachatti pan which I was sent as a sample to try out. It’s size and shape are perfect for cooking the sambharo with less oil. It’s lid fits perfectly so it retains all the flavours of any food you cook in this pan.
4. Once the oil gets hot, add the cumin seeds. Once they brown, add the passata and all the spices (except the minced garlic) , including the jaggery and lemon juice and allow this to mix. 5. Now add the fenugreek leaves and allow them to soften. 6. Once the fenugreek is soft, add the boiled potatoes. 7. Now add the grated garlic and mix. Cook for 5 minutes more with the lid on. 8. Serve the curry with nice hot chappatis. My recipe for chappatis is here. Making them on a Prestige non stick aluminium pan, which I was sent as a sample to try out, is so much easier to get them fluff up.
What do you like eating with your curries?
Other similar curries you may enjoy from my blog are:
- Potato and fenugreek curry with chick pea flour (Besan vale Aloo)
- Frozen Fenugreek and fresh Aubergine curry (methi ringna nu shak)
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips ? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on email@example.com for more information.