Growing up in Africa, I was used to eating fruits like mangoes and papaya. Mixing it with fruits such as black berries, blue berries and strawberries, I was able to create this winning dessert which can also be served as a starter.
These papayas were growing in a greenhouse at the local Botanic Gardens. These papayas are a lot bigger than what we get in the Supermarkets here in UK.
Papayas are an excellent source of vitamin C and help improve your skin and gives you a glowing complexion. For people suffering with constipation should eat a bowlful of papaya everydayas it’s high in fiber and water content. You can make curries and stir fry salads out of raw papaya. Ripe papayas are great to eat on their own or in a fruit salad. You can even mix it with other fruit to make jam.
To make my simple papaya boat, you will need:
- 1 ripe papaya
- handful of strawberies, blackberries ad blue berries
- dash of lemon
- sprig of mint
- For the fruit salad I made, allow the papayas to get very ripe. Slice them into two lengthwise and remove all the seeds. Then remove its outer skin.
2. Lightly sprinkle some lemon juice on the papaya and fill it up some your favourite berries such as blueberries, strawberries and black berries. garnish this with fresh mint leaves and serve as is or with double cream.
If you are unsure about how to cut and prepare a ripe papaya, read my post here
Do share any more health benefits you may know consuming papayas.
Other Salad recipes with apples – you may enjoy are:
- Crunchy Couscous vegan salad with fruit, veg and black eyed peas
- Pomegranate salad with orange dressing
- Papaya fruit salad
- Quick mixed veg and fruit salad
- Broccoli and Apple Salad with Creme Fraiche Dressing
- Apple salad
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips ? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.