When it wet and cold, salad can be really boring . However, After Christmas I decided to eat healthy so I made this crunchy couscous salad for my lunch. This salad is quick to make and it doesn’t have any dairy or egg dressings. It’s also a bit more tempting than just the regular salads.
Ingredients for 2-3 lunches
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables ( you can use any)
- ½ cup ready boiled black eyed peas ( you can also use chick peas)
- 3 inches size cucumber – chopped into cubes)
- 1 medium carrot – (chopped into cubes)
- 1 pink lady apple (chopped into cubes. Save a few slices for garnishing)
- ½ juice of fresh lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chili powder to taste
- Dhana jiru (ground cumin and coriander mixture) to taste
- 5-6 stalks of freshly chopped coriander
- ½ capsicum (chopped into small cubes)
- 8-10 red grapes (halved)
- 3-4 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1-2 tsp olive oil
1. Mix the couscous with 2 cups hot water and allow to soak whilst you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
2. Cook the frozen vegetables and drain.
3. Add the black eyed peas and cooked vegetables to the couscous. Also add the spices and lemon juice to the couscous – to your taste.
4. Chop and prepare the salad and fruit
5. Add the chopped fruit and salad to the couscous. Also add the olive oil and mix it using a fork. Taste and season as per your taste.
6. Chill in the fridge until you wish to serve it for a quick lunch.
How do you like to season your salad?
Other Salad recipes you may enjoy are:
- Quick mixed veg and fruit salad
- Pomegranate salad with orange dressing
- Papaya fruit salad
- Chickpea (aka garbanzo beans) salad with mint and basil
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips ? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on email@example.com for more information.