These days, I am so busy in the morning before leaving for work that I never have time for breakfast and if I did manage to get a few minutes – it’s not enough time to have a bowl of cereal. So when I was sent a sample of Lizi’s Granola – I decided to make some cereal bars instead, using the granola. In the past I have made an Indian version of cereal balls but these bars are slightly different but just as tasty.
- 2 packets (400 gm each) of Liz’s cereals ( I used the wholegrain cereal and the Belgian Chocolate wholegrain cereal)
- 1 Bottle (220gms) of Sarah’s acacia honey with walnuts – 220 gms
- 1 can (397 gms) condensed milk
- handful of almonds
1. Preheat the oven at 170 degrees C (325 degrees F) and grease a large baking tray and keep aside.
2. Heat the condensed milk in a large saucepan until it starts to look thinner.
2. Lower the heat and add both the packets of granola to it and mix
4. Add the honey with the walnuts to the mixture.
5 . Mix everything and cook for 3-4 minutes by stirring it all the time. After cooking spread the mixture evenly in a baking tray. Garnish this with some whole almonds and cook this for 10 minutes in the oven at 170 degrees C (325 degrees F).
6. Allow it to cool for 10 minutes and then slice it to your preference.
7. Once cool – store them in a biscuit tin. The cereal bars are ready to enjoy any time but especially on the days you miss breakfast. I love these cereal bars and have been munching them for breakfast as well as midnight snacks. I took some to the office for my colleagues who loved them too.
Now I have no excuses for missing breakfast.
You may wish to checkout the following easy and different recipes for snack bars from my blog. These recipes can be made vegan using vegan substitutes.
- Goji berry cereal bars Powder
- Nutty Energy Ladoos with dates
- Ferrero Richer and whole nut topped bars
- Dates, Nuts and Protein Energy Balls
- Mixed Nuts Barfi with Dates
- Oats, Peanut Butter and Protein Powder Bars
- Choco nut Energy Bars
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips ? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on email@example.com for more information.
Disclaimer: I was sent samples of Liz’s cereal to try and give my honest review. All thoughts and opinions expressed in this Post are mine and not influenced by anyone.