For Muthia made with millet wheat and chickpea flour recipe, I used white cabbage with a mixture of wheat, millet and chickpea flour.
Ingredients (serves 4-6 people):
- 150 grams cabbage
- 140 wheat flour
- 100 grams millet
- 100 grams chickpea flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon soda bicarbonate
- 1 teaspoon crushed ginger
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed green chilies (can use pepper or chilly powder)
- Half teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup cooking oil
- Half cup yoghurt
- 2 to 3 tablespoon sesame seeds
- A handful of finely chopped coriander or desiccated coconut for garnishing.
1. Sieve the three flours and add the cabbage to the flour. Add the salt, turmeric, crushed ginger, garlic , green chilies, the sesame seeds, soda bicarbonate and a tablespoon of sesame seeds. Add 3 tablespoonfuls of oil. Mix together and add the yoghurt.
2. Using some warm water, knead the flour and shape it into a long, thin and flat roll on a work top.
3. Using a bread knife, cut through the roll into one inch strips
4. These strips need to be steamed. you can use a steamer or a pressure cooker to do this. Lightly grease these strips to stop them sticking together when steaming.
5. Steam the Muthia for 45 minutes if using the pressure cooker. Muthia may take a little longer in a steamer.
8. Stir fry them gently or the Muthia might crumble.
9. Once they start to brown slightly, Muthia are ready to serve and eat.
How do you serve your muthias?
Other muthia recipes on my blog are:
- Slimmers friendly muthias
- Coconut and Almond Flour steamed Dumplings (Muthias) – Keto friendly
- Multigrain muthias
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips ? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on email@example.com for more information.