This is a quick and easy pasta recipe – really handy for those days when you are hungry and don’t want to spend too long preparing food. This one is also a favourite with children.
To make cooking easier – I tend to use American cup measurements . It makes cooking a lot easier as you don’t have to weigh the ingredients. In the case of this recipe, you can estimate a lot of the ingredients and make it to your taste.
Ingredients for 2 Servings
Time 30 minutes
- 2 cups of pasta (you can use penne or Fusilli Pasta)
- 1 cup any mixed vegetables
- 2 cups passata (Passata made from ripe tomatoes that have been puréed and sieved to remove the skin and seeds and is available in all supermarkets)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic – use a garlic press and blend the garlic
- 4-5 spring onions – finely chopped 1 small finely chopped sweet chile pepper or jalapeno
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon coriander and cumin powder (dhana jeeru)
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 -3 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon oregano
1 Cook the pasta and mixed vegetables together by boiling them in hot water with some ½ teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon olive oil.
2. Once cooked, drain off the water.
3. Add 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a frying pan. When the oil gets hot, add in the chopped spring onions, chopped pepper or jalapeno and garlic.
4. Add the salt, pepper, turmeric, cumin and coriander powder (dhana jeeru) and stir well.