I never liked cooking the yellowy orange fleshed sweet potatoes as I always managed to get them soft and mushy. The white flashed sweet potatoes are very similar to potatoes and I preferred those. However, since my kids have started to cook them as they are healthier tha potatoes, I am learning to cook them too and have realised that they taste a lot better than the white flashed sweet potatoes. Here’s a quick and easy recipe for making sweet potato wedges. These can be enjoyed on their own on the days you may be fasting or with my spicy baked beans my curried baked beans or sandwiches
Ingredients for 1 serving:
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- dried oregano or basil to garnish (optional)
- lemon juice to garnish (optional)
1. Peel and wash the sweet potatoes. Chop them into wedges.
2. Transfer the potatoes to a plastic bag and add the salt and oil to the potatoes. Close the bag and shake so that the oil coats the sweet potatoes.
3. Transfer the sweet potatoes to a pizza tray.
4. Using a sharp knife, prick any wedges that look a bit thick. Cook for 8-10 minutes on 180 degrees (the timings may vary between ovens).
5. After 10 minutes, the wedges should be ready to serve.
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips ? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on email@example.com for more information.