Ingredients for 8 Parathas:
- 2 cups or 250 grams of home made paneer (if you are using ready made paneer – get a softer version so that it can soak up the juice and spices. Plus – it’s easier to stuff into parathas)
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice ( if using ready made – use a good make)
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cumin seeds
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ginger, garlic and green chilies mixture (all blended into a paste)
- 1-2 cups cooking oil ( for the frying and adding to the dough).
For the dough:
- 2 cups of chappati flour
- pinch of salt
1. Chop the paneer into small pieces and soak them in the orange juice for an hour.
2. Take a tablespoon of oil and add some cumin to the oil. Once the cumin browns add the paneer, the salt, and turmeric and cook it and mash it as you mix. The idea is to try and make it a dry mixture.
3. Add the ginger, garlic and green chili paste.
4. Keep stirring until its all dry to enable you to stuff inside the paratha.
For binding the dough please see this recipe for potato stuffed paratha.
5. Sieve the flour into a mixing bowl and add a pinch of salt and two tablespoons of oil to the flour. Bind the dough by adding some warm water to the flour. Keep adding small amounts of water until it comes together as a soft dough almost like play dough. Knead it well and let it rest for half an hour.
6. Divide the dough into 8-9 small balls smaller than golf balls. Also divide the paneer into 8-9 small balls. Roll out the dough into a small circle, dab a bit of oil in the centre of the rolled out paratha and keep the paneer on top.
7. Fold the paratha over the paneer – like a square parcel.
8. Dust this with some flour and roll out a squarish or roundish paratha.
9. Roast the paratha on a hot griddle/tawa or frying fan. Once roasted – just brush some oil on both sides and let it cook.
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips ? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on email@example.com for more information.