I had a lot of pink lady apples and wanted to use them up . So just like I made my avocado parathas/theplas I made these lovely and soft apple parathas. The thepla/parathas turned out perfect with just the right amount of spice.
Ingredients for 8-10 theplas/parathas:
- 2 pink lady apples – grated
- 2 cups of chapati flour (save 3-4 tbls to use for dusting)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ cup oil
- Sieve the flour in a mixing bowl. Grate the apples and add them to the flour. Add the minced garlic, salt, turmeric and chili powder and one tablespoon of oil. Mix the ingredients to form a soft dough using some warm water. Let the dough rest for an hour.
2. Divide the dough into 10 small balls. Use some dusting flour if they feel sticky.
3. Using some dusting flour, roll out the parathas into round shapes. The dough will feel loose so use plenty of dusting flour.
4. Heat a griddle or frying pan and cook the paratha using a small amount of oil. Cook both the sides of the paratha until lightly brown. 5. Finish cooking all the parathas and serve them hot with any curry or chutney.
Have you ever tried apple parathas?