What is more romantic than sharing this snack with a loved one? Well…….It’s eating it secretly watching your favourite TV show!!!
This is my all time favourite potato snack as it’s so easy to make and tastes so much better than just a baked potato. Whenever, hubby and the kids are away and I need to cook just for myself, I make this dish. Then I put on my favourite Indian Soap channel and catch up with all the dramas of the week.
Ingredients for 4 servings
- 3 large baking potatoes
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 5-6 fresh green chillies 2 chopped finely to add to the curry and 2 or 3 for garnishing
- small bunch of coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse pepper
- 1 teaspoons sugar (optional)
- 1-2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil (I used sunflower oil)
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- ¼ cup almonds
- ½cup ground nuts (monkey nuts)
- ¼cup cashew nuts
- Fresh curry leaves (optional)
1. Microwave the potatoes . I usually wash them, score them and cover them with wet kitchen paper whist cooking in the microwave. Mine took 14 minutes at 1000 watts. Allow the potatoes to cool. Once cooled, peel the potato. Peeling is easy if you have scored the potatoes. Once peeled, cut them into very small cubes.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil and add the cumin seeds and all the nuts. Once the cumin seeds go dark, add the diced potatoes to the oil and add the salt, pepper, chopped green chillies, grated ginger, coriander to the mixture and stir again.