Hungry and not sure what to cook? This nutty sweet and sour curry full of mixed vegetables is very handy to cook when you are hungry and in a rush. you can use any vegetables you happen to have in the freezer, garden or fridge.
Ingredients for 4 servings
- ½ cup peas
- ½ cup chopped green beans
- ½ cup diced carrots
- ½ cup cauliflower
- ½ cup diced peppers
- 2-3 ripe tomatoes
- ½ cup passata
- ½ cup mixed nuts – cashews & peanuts (can leave out if you are allergic to nuts)
- 2-3 spring onions
- 2-3 cloves of garlic minced using a garlic press
- 2-3 fresh green chillies
- salt to taste
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp dhana jeeru (mixture of coriander and cumin)
- 2 tbls sunflower oil
- 1 tbls lemon juice
- 2 tsp brown sugar or sugar substitute.
- some coriander to garnish.
1. Prepare the vegetables first.
2. Heat the oil and once it’s hot, add in the mustard seeds. As soon as they stop popping, add the chopped tomatoes, garlic and green chilies. Add the salt, turmeric, dhana jeeru and cook until the tomatoes soften.
3. Add all the vegetables – including the chopped spring onions to the tomato mixture. Add the passata and sugar too. Once the vegetables are cooked and the sauce is nice and thick, add the nuts and lemon juice.
Do you have any favourite quick and easy recipes? Do share.
Other easy curries from my blog are:
- Potato and mixed vegetable curry
- Green beans and potato curry
- Mixed vegetable medley
- Mixed Vegetable and chick peas jalfrezi
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips ? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.