Every summer, I tend to make our favourite strawberry jam which we all enjoy. This year, I make some mango jam for a change with a very similar recipe. The jam tastes great with toast or even with a peanut and jam sandwich.
- 3 Indian Alphonso mango
- 1 semi ripe mango any brand (I used mangoes from Senegal)
- 2-3 pinches saffron
- 4 tbls sugar (you can use more if you like sweet jam)
- 3 tbls lemon juice
1. Take the skin off all the mangoes. The Alphonso mango if its ripe will be juicy so slice it as best as you can and put it in a large microwave safe bowl. Grate the mangoes if they are firm.
What is your favourite jam?
Making jam at home is easy. You can make it in the IP, MW or the cooker top. Do try and use less sugar if possible so that you can enjoy it a bit more than the shop bought one which will have more sugar as well as preservatives.
- My recipe for strawberry jam made in the IP is here.
- My recipe for making pineapple jam in the IP is here.
- My recipe for making jam without the IP is here.
- My recipe for making cherry jam without the IP is here.
- My recipe for making blackberry jam in the MW is here.
- My recipe for making papaya, pear and apricot jam in the MW is here.
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips ? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on email@example.com for more information.