How often do we wish for snacks during the day? I for one always like one mid morning or when waiting for a train in the evening. In my family we all love mixed nuts in any form. So when I saw a recipe for flapjacks on the BBC website, I decided to make something similar but adding porridge oats and mixed nuts so that we can have a slice when I feel like snacking or on the days we miss breakfast or after a gym workout.
Ingredients for 20 slices
• 250 gm butter
• 75g Demerara sugar
• 1 tsp Waitrose floral and citrus scented orange blossom honey
• 1 tsp golden syrup
• 200 porridge oats
• 150 gms mixed nuts chopped and lightly roasted (pistachios, cashews, peanuts, almonds, walnuts)
• 60 gms of Omega 4 mixture (sunflower seeds pumpkin seeds, golden linseeds and sesame seeds)
1. Turn on the oven to 180 C/350 F or gas mark 4. Grease a baking tray with some butter.
2. Transfer the butter, sugar and honey and golden syrup in a non stick saucepan or wok and heat until it’s all melted. Take the pan off the heat.
3. Stir in the porridge oats,nuts, mixed seeds and keep stirring the mixture until it’s all blended.
4. Spread the mixture into baking tray using the back of a spoon.
4. Bake this for 12 minutes in the centre of the oven. Check that it’s not browning too much. Switch off the heat and leave the flapjacks in the oven for a further 10 minutes.
5. Next remove the tray and allow to cool for 10 minutes before making the slices. Allow this to cool completely in the baking tray before attempting to remove the slices. If you try to remove the slices too soon, they will fall apart.
6. Enjoy these delicious flapjacks.
Who likes chocolate in their flapjacks?
Other nutty snack ideas in my blog for you to try are:
- Nuts, dates and Omega 4 Seed mix rolls
- Nutty Energy ladoos/ balls with Dates
- Mixed Nuts Barfi with Dates
- Goji Berry Cereal Bars
- Muesli and Granola bars
- Nuts and Muesli Cereal Balls
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips ? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.