In my family we all love mixed nuts in any form. So when I saw a recipe for flapjacks on the BBC website, I decided to make something similar but adding porridge oats and mixed nuts so that we can have a slice on the days we miss breakfast or after a gym workout.
Ingredients for 20 slices
• 250 gm butter
• 75g Demerara sugar
• 1 tsp Waitrose floral and citrus scented orange blossom honey
• 1 tsp golden syrup
• 200 porridge oats
• 150 gms mixed nuts chopped and lightly roasted (pistachios, cashews, peanuts, almonds, walnuts)
• 60 gms of Omega 4 mixture (sunflower seeds pumpkin seeds, golden linseeds and sesame seeds)
1. Turn on the oven to 180 C/350 F or gas mark 4. Grease a baking tray with some butter.
4. Spread the mixture into baking tray using the back of a spoon.
4. Bake this for 12 minutes in the centre of the oven. Check that it’s not browning too much. Switch off the heat and leave the flapjacks in the oven for a further 10 minutes.
5. Next remove the tray and allow to cool for 10 minutes before making the slices. Allow this to cool completely in the baking tray before attempting to remove the slices. If you try to remove the slices too soon, they will fall apart.
6. Enjoy these delicious flapjacks.
Who likes chocolate in their flapjacks?