My family love homemade jam with minimum ingredients. I tend to make it slightly runny so they can use it on toast or even spread it on pancakes. I like to add a spoonful to my home made natural yogurt.
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 2 fresh lemons to juice
- 1½ cups of sugar
- Peel the pineapple and chop it into small pieces. Also cut the lemons and microwave them for 20 seconds and juice them.
2. Turn the Instant Pot to saute mode and add the pineapple, lemon juice and sugar into the instant pot and mix well .
3. As you mix it, the sugar starts to melt and there is more liquid in the inner pot.
4. Add two cups of water, stir and turn off the saute mode.
5. Close the lid and turn on the manual mode to 10 minutes. ( Note: did try cooking it for 5 minutes but it was too runny). Allow the IP to cool down and reduce pressure naturally.
6. Use a blender to blend all the pineapples and the jam is ready to be bottled. If the jam looks runny,you can use the saute mode to burn off any excess liquid.
7. Transfer the jam to a sterilised bottle and use within a month.