The Supermarket Waitrose has been supporting the Soil Association’s ‘Small Changes, Big Difference’ campaign by celebrating everything organic. As you know this week, I was invited to take part in this celebration and asked if I would swap one meal a day to organic for a week. For my Day 6 of going organic I made this really easy and simple to make couscous filled peppers.
Ingredients for 4 servings
- 1 cup organic couscous
- 1 cup organic mixed vegetables
- 1 tbls Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 cloves of garlic – meshed
- 4 large organic peppers
- Organic Feta cheese
1. Cut the peppers in half and remove the seeds. Transfer them to a saucepan of water and boil them for 10 minutes so that they soften a bit.
2. Boil the kettle and add two cups of hot water to the couscous and allow them to stand.
3. Heat the oil in a frying pan and stir-fry the vegetables. Once they soften add them to the couscous. Add the garlic, salt and pepper to the mixture.
4. Remove the peppers from the water and lay them on a baking tray.
5. Fill the peppers with the couscous mixture. Top this with the feta cheese and cook them in pre heated oven 170°C (325°F or Gas Mark 3) for 10 minutes You can even leave the peppers whole and fill them with the cous cous mixture.
I was sent a voucher by Waitrose to purchase Organic Foods in order to undertake this challenge. All thoughts and opinions are my own.