I used Spanish padron peppers to stirfry a side dish as I know that these peppers aren’t too hot. This is a quick and easy recipe and you can eat the chillies as a side dish or save them to add as sandwich fillings. I even used them to make chilly pakoras and also added them to my naan dough when making naan bread.
- 12-15 Spanish Padron peppers
- 2 tbls Olive oil
- 2 tsps gram flour (Chick pea flour/besan)
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
1. Cut the peppers into halves and remove all the seeds. Wash them well using cold water.
2. Heat the olive oil in a non stick frying pan. Add the sesame seeds and let them go brown. (save a pinch or two of the sesame seeds for garnishing). Add the peppers and salt allow them to cook. This doesn’t take too long.
3. Once they soften, sprinkle the gram flour over the peppers. Use a small sieve and sprinkle a teaspoon of gram flour at a time to avoid any lumps. Allow the flour to coat the peppers and cook for a minute or two. The gram flour soaks up the excess moisture.
So how do you cook your peppers?
There are so many different types of peppers you can enjoy and I have several pepper recipes on my blog which you may wish to try.
- Stuffed peppers and tomatoes
- Stuffed peppers in tomato gravy
- Stuffed Peppers with Rice, Tomatoes, Mixed Vegetables and Black eyed peas
- Potatoes and capsicum curry in tomato gravy
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips ? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on email@example.com for more information.