I love sweet peppers in a salad, sandwich or a curry. The lovely colours and the flavours also look appealing. They are an easy vegetable to prepare and cook. My recipe for masala stuffed peppers is here. This dish is a lot similar but cooked in a tomato gravy.
Ingredients for 4 servings
- 10 Baby bell peppers
- 1 medium red onion
- ½ cup mixture of cumin and coriander powder (often called dhana jeeru)
- ½ cup porridge oats (grind these in a coffee grinder)
- ½ cup chickpea flour (also called gram flour)
- ½ cup roasted and ground peanuts (for those who are allergic-leave out the nuts)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2-3 cloves of fresh garlic
- 2 tbs cooking oil to add to the spices
- 2 tbs cooking oil for the curry
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 cup of passata
To prepare the stuffing:
8. In a second saucepan, heat the oil and add the mustard seeds to it. Once the mustard seeds start popping, add in the half the Passata and allow to cook for a couple of minute and spread this on top of the stuffed peppers.
9. Also spread any left over masala on top of the tomatoes.
10. Add the rest of the passata and one cup of hot water to the curry and allow the peppers to cook – turning the occasionally using a spoon or metal tongs.
There are so many different types of peppers you can enjoy and I have several pepper recipes on my blog which you may wish to try.
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips ? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on email@example.com for more information.