For this recipe, apart from the bread and cheese, you will also need my favourite green chutney. Anyone who has been to India or eaten in an Indian restaurant will have been served with a green dip often called the green chutney. Google green chutney and you will see all variations of this chutney.
This toastie is warm and filling and makes a nice variation to the sandwiches we all tend to eat at lunchtime.
Ingredients for this toastie
- 2 slices of any bread
- 2 -3 tbls of green chutney
- 2-3 spring onions – washed and cut into small slices
- small cucumber – washed and sliced
- 2 green chillies – washed and chopped into small slices
- half a cup of grated cheddar and mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spread the green chutney on both of your bread slices .
2. Sprinkle the chopped spring onion and slices on both the bread slices
3. Add the cucumber on one slice and garnish with salt and pepper.
4. Top the second slice with the mixed cheddar and mozzarella cheese. Toast this slice under the grill until the cheese melts.
5. Once the cheese melts, put the two slices together like a sandwich and toast both sides until nice and brown.
6. Enjoy these toasties hot with some crisps.
Other sandwich recipes to try from my blog are:
- Cheese and Pepper salad sandwiches
- Toasted Sandwiches Indian style
- Hot and Spicy Tortilla Sandwiches
- Spicy sandwiches with potatoes and cheese
- Vegans may wish to try these sandwiches with tempeh
You may like these chutney recipes in my blog. They make great sandwich fillers too :
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips ? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.