I love spending time in my kitchen trying out new dishes at my leisure. I wanted to make a nice tropical tasting pizza sauce to make a change from the usual tomato sauce and came up with this sauce. This mango and tomato hot sauce was a hit with the family. It was great to eat as dip with papadams and pakoras but worked great as pizza topping too.
- 20 -25 small plum tomatoes
- 6-7 hot Kenyan chilies
- 2 large mangoes which were ripe but firm
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tbls fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbls sugar or sugar substitute
- ½ tsp oregano
1. Cut the tomatoes into halves, slice the chilies and grate the mangoes
2. Transfer the prepared vegetables and all the spices into a saucepan and cook on a medium heat until all the vegetables go soft.
3. As the vegetables cook, there will be more sauce forming.
4. Once all the vegetables have softened, Use a food blender and blend everything until it ressembles a sauce. Sprinkle some oregano to the dip. Taste and add any condiments needed to create a hot, sweet and sour sauce. Allow this cool before bottling it.
5. Use the mango and tomato hot sauce as a dip or use it as a your pizza base.
Do share your pizza sauce recipes with me.
Here are some more Pizza with various toppings or you to try out
- Hawaiian Pizza with Bechamel Sauce and Pineapple
- Sourdough Base Pizza
- Pizza using ready made pizza dough.
- Readymade Vegan Pizza
- Tortilla Pizza
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips ? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.