I love spending time in my kitchen trying out new dishes at my leisure. I wanted to make a nice tropical tasting pizza sauce to make a change from the usual tomato sauce and came up with this sauce. This mango and tomato hot sauce was a hit with the family. It was great to eat as dip with papadams and pakoras but worked great as pizza topping too.
- 20 -25 small plum tomatoes
- 6-7 hot Kenyan chilies
- 2 large mangoes which were ripe but firm
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tbls fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbls sugar or sugar substitute
- ½ tsp oregano
1. Cut the tomatoes into halves, slice the chilies and grate the mangoes
2. Transfer the prepared vegetables and all the spices into a saucepan and cook on a medium heat until all the vegetables go soft.
3. As the vegetables cook, there will be more sauce forming.
4. Once all the vegetables have softened, Use a food blender and blend everything until it ressembles a sauce. Sprinkle some oregano to the dip. Taste and add any condiments needed to create a hot, sweet and sour sauce. Allow this cool before bottling it.
5. Use the mango and tomato hot sauce as a dip or use it as a your pizza base.
Do share your pizza base recipes with me.