Life is good when you have a good sandwich is a quote by Keanu Reeves” .
And I do agree with him as you can make a sandwich out of any meal if you are in a hurry. My husband thinks that triangle sandwiches taste better than square ones. I think that little squares are easier to handle and eat. What do you think?
I make sandwiches for myself every single day for lunch with various fillings but have never shared a recipe. I am sharing this for two reasons – One is because my blogger friend Nayna from Simply Foods is hosting an event called Let’s make sandwiches. The second reason is because one of the fans from my facebook page Authentic vegetarian recipes asked me to share this recipe.
Ingredients for one sandwich:
- 2 slices of any bread (I used whole meal bread)
- butter or margarine
- mixed salad (I used lettuce, shredded carrot, red cabbage)
- peppers (I used red,orange and red peppers)
- black pepper
- dry basil
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
1. Wash and prepare the salad and peppers
2. Spread the butter or margarine to your bread.
3. Spread out the peppers and salad on the bread. The peppers add a lovely spicy taste to your sandwiches.
5. Sprinkle some black pepper and basil on the salad if you wish. Try not to use salt as it’s not good for you plus will make your sandwiches soggy if you prepare them early for your lunch.
6. Join the two slices of bread, remove the crust and cut your sandwiches into triangles and pack them for your lunch. These sandwiches need to be eaten cold.
7. Enjoy these colourful sandwiches with any drink of your choice.
8. Watch out for more variations of my sandwiches over the coming weeks.
Other sandwich recipes to try from my blog are:
- Cheese and Pepper salad sandwiches
- Toasted Sandwiches Indian style
- Hot and Spicy Tortilla Sandwiches
- Spicy sandwiches with potatoes and cheese
- Vegans may wish to try these sandwiches with tempeh
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips ? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on email@example.com for more information.