There are thousands of varieties of potatoes in the World and most of us will have certain favourites for certain dishes. Most of us who cook regularly, will have worked out which potatoes to use for curries, chips, etc.etc. The ones I used for this recipe are the ones used mostly for making Jacket potatoes – a variety called Estima. These potatoes can be baked or boiled and really make great Jacket potatoes. I love having Jacket potatoes as a quick snack but sometimes, I prefer to have them spicer with a hint of Indian spices. One of the ways of making the potato spicer is to sauté it with the spices. Every time, I make this, I experiment with the spices and condiments. Please use this Spicy sauted potatoes with sweetcorn and peanuts recipe as a guide but enjoy trying out different variations.
- 2 large Jacket potatoes
- ½ cup of sweetcorn
- ½ cup of peanuts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 teaspoon of cummin seeds
- some fresh coriander (optional)
- 1 green chilly (optional)
- 2 teaspoon lemon and 1 teaspoon sugar to taste (optional)
- honey mustard sauce to taste (optional)
- Grated cheddar or mozarella cheese (optional)
1. Wash the potato and score it in the middle with a sharp knife.
2. Boil the potatoes in a saucepan of water or wrap them in a wet kitchen paper and cook them in the microwave. I prefer to steam them in a pressure cooker.
3. Once cooked, peel the potato, cut them into cubes and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
4. In a frying pan, heat 1 tablespoons of oil and add the cumin seeds.
5. Add the peanuts and allow them to brown slightly.
6. Now add the sweet corn . Add the salt and pepper to the sweet corn.
8. Add the sugar and lemon and fresh coriander (and the green chilly if you like hot food) to the potatoes. If you like honey mustard, add this just before serving the dish.
10. Serve Spicy sauted potatoes with sweetcorn and peanuts hot.
11. If you like cheese, you can sprinkle some grated cheese on top of your Spicy sauted potatoes with sweetcorn and peanuts.
You may wish to try the following recipes too:
- Jacket potatoes with an Indian twist
- Beans and Mash Bake topped with cheese
- Curried Baked Beans
- Chunky potatoes with roasted peanuts
- Jacket Potatoes with Organic Beans
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips ? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on email@example.com for more information.