I was going to have mashed potatoes with beans and with various toppings for my meal but changed it to this dish to make it a bit more interesting and made this dish which I have named Beans and Mash Bake but it could be called Pizza with a difference too!! The dish tasted nice with all the flavours blending in. It looked like a pizza but had a potato base. This would be perfect to serve to anyone with an allergy to yeast, bread or wheat. Not sure about it being Gluten free as It’s not my area of expertise. The ingredients for this dish are what everyone would have in their cupboard.
Ingredients to make 3 -4 servings (you can change the ingredients to your choice)
- 4-5 large boiled potatoes
- 1 tbsp butter
- 200 grams baked beans (half a can of baked beans)
- 250 gms a mixture of grated cheddar and mozzarella cheese (or 2-3 cups of grated cheese)
- 2-3 red and yellow peppers – sliced thinly
- 2-3 green chillies – chopped
- 2-3 small white onions – sliced thinly
- 7-8 small tomatoes – sliced thinly
- 200 gram of sweet corn (Half a can of sweet corn)
- 1 red onion and red pepper – grated together
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp oregano
1. Cook and mash the potatoes by adding some butter, salt, pepper and oregano to them and layer them on a greased flan dish
3. Grate the red onion and red pepper and stir fry them in a tbsp of olive oil and add salt and pepper to taste.
9. Bake Beans and Mash Bake in a medium oven (170 degrees) for 20 minutes. (Fan ovens may take less time).