Mashed potatoes and beans and with various toppings is a quick meal I often make for my son. I decided to make the dish a bit more interesting and served it as Beans and Mash Bake which looked a bit like PIzza with a potato base. The dish tasted great as all the flavours had blended perfectly. This would be perfect to serve to anyone with an allergy to yeast, bread or wheat. Not sure about it being Gluten free as It’s not my area of expertise. The ingredients for this dish are what everyone would have in their cupboard.
Ingredients to make 3 -4 servings (you can change the ingredients to your choice)
- 4-5 large boiled potatoes
- 1 tbsp butter
- 200 grams baked beans (half a can of baked beans)
- 250 gms a mixture of grated cheddar and mozzarella cheese (or 2-3 cups of grated cheese)
- 2-3 red and yellow peppers – sliced thinly
- 2-3 green chillies – chopped
- 2-3 small white onions – sliced thinly
- 7-8 small tomatoes – sliced thinly
- 200 gram of sweet corn (Half a can of sweet corn)
- 1 red onion and red pepper – grated together
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp oregano
1. Cook and mash the potatoes by adding some butter, salt, pepper and oregano to them and layer them on a greased flan dish
3. Grate the carrots, red onion and red pepper and stir fry them in a tbsp of olive oil and add salt and pepper to taste.
9. Bake this in a medium oven (170°C or or 320° F) for 20 minutes. (Fan ovens may take less time).