Fancy a breakfast that is high in protein but also tasty? This high energy breakfast will keep you healthy. Well try this overnight Muesli breakfast. This has become a favourite with my health conscious son!
It’s ideal for people who are always in a rush and like to have breakfast on the go. Just prepare this overnight in a plastic container and take it with you when you leave for work in the morning. I often take this with me to the office and have it as a treat after my lunch.
Ingredients for 1 serving
Preparation time 5 minutes
All measurements are estimates and can be changed to suit your taste.
- 2 -3 tablespoons jam (Any flavour will do. We used black current Jam)
- 1 cup of Greek Style Yogurt (I used the light version) ½ cup of any Muesli (We used Swiss Style Berry Muesli with no added sugar)
- 1 tablespoon of Organic Sprouted flax powder (available at most health food stores)
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- 10-12 cashew nuts
- 5-6 sliced almonds
3. Top this with another layer of yogurt, followed by sprouted flax powder and top it with more muesli.
4. Add the honey to this mixture and layer it with more yogurt.
5. Add a tablespoon of jam on top of the yogurt.
6. Garnish this with a layer of cashews.