Ingredients: (makes 15-17 theplas)
- 1 cup of millet flour
- half cup of chick pea flour
- half cup of wheat flour (preferably chappati flour or strong flour -NOT plain flour)
- half a bunch of finely chopped fenugreek
- 6 or 7 cloves of garlic, blended into a paste.
- 1 teaspoon ginger is optional
- 1-2 teaspoons of ground chilies is optional. (You can use chilly powder or even pepper)
- Sunflower oil : You will need 2 to 3 tablespoons for the making the dough and a another cup to fry the theplas in. If you have the spray oil – that works wonderfully with my recipe.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 sachet of instant oatmeal cereal (the sachet is 33 gms which is less than half a cup)
- 2 tablespoons of yoghurt (optional)
- 3-4 tablespoons to wheat flour to flour the surface when rolling out the theplas.
Check out the variety of thepla recipes on my blog :
- Spinach and sesame seeds parathas
- Thepla or Gujarati Methi Fenugreek Lasan Garlic na Theplas using millet, chickpea flour and wheat flour
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips ? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.