Since I started to teach Indian cookery, my students are always amazed at how quick it is to make dips, salsa and chutneys which are usually served in most Indian restaurants with papadams as soon as you sit down. I always include such recipes as an extra in my class as they help finish of an Indian meal. Also quite a few asked for the recipe for the yogurt and mint dip which is always served so we decided to make the dip in class. Everyone thought that it tasted so much nicer than the one served in the restaurants. The flavours in this dip are a perfect balance to serve with any spicy curries as well as samosas or papadams.
- 5-6 sprigs of fresh mint washed with the stalks removed
- 2 cups of natural yogurt
- 1 -2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
To garnish: use a sprig of fresh mint or a couple of slices of fresh chilies.
1. Chop the mint finely and transfer to a mixing bowl. Add some salt and pepper to the mint.
2. Add the yogurt to the mint and mix well. Taste and adjust the amount of lemon juice to add to the yogurt. If the yogurt feels too sharp, don’t add any lemon juice to the dip.
3. Garnish and transfer the yogurt and mint dip to a serving dish and leave in the fridge for an hour before serving.
Do share your dip recipes with me.
Moreyougurt dips and raita recipes on my blog are:
- Carrot and Green Chilies Salad/Pickle with Mustard (Raita gajar marcha)
- Cucumber carrot and green chilies raita
- Spicy Yogurt Dip/Raita with carrots and fresh mint
- Apple and Carrot Raita
- Lemon Cucumber Raita
- Pomegranate raita
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips ? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.