This is the first time i made vegetables with rice noodles. I have used other dry noodles which are a lot thicker and need to be cooked first. I am not too keen on their taste. These ready made packets of rice noodles are really soft, thin and so easy to mix into stir fried vegetables. They are going to be a regular lunch box dish for us now.
Ingredients for 2 servings:
- 1 red onion chopped
- ½ cup sweetcorn
- ½ cup slices tomatoes
- ½ cup sliced capsicums
- ½ sliced green beans
- 2 fresh green chillies sliced in small pieces
- 1 tbls soya sauce
- ½ cup passata
- 1 tbl lemon juice
- 1 tbls brown sugar
- 3-4 cloves of garlic – minced using a garlic press
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- small bunch of fresh coriander
- 1 packet (150gms) straight to wok rice noodles
- 1 tbls sunflower oil
1. Prepare all the vegetables and slice them lengthwise if possible.
2. Heat the oil and add the onions and stir them for a minute or two. Then add all the vegetables and stir once.
3. Add the garlic, salt and pepper.
4. Once the vegetables soften, add the lemon juice, passata, the brown sugar, soy sauce and cook until the mixtures looks lovely and thick. Add the coriander too now.
How do you cook your noodles?
You may wish to try my recipe for Quorn Chicken Style pieces with vegetables and noodles
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips ? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on email@example.com for more information.