This is the first time i made vegetables with rice noodles. I have used other dry noodles which are a lot thicker and need to be cooked first. I am not too keen on their taste. These ready made packets of rice noodles are really soft, thin and so easy to mix into stir fried vegetables. They are going to be a regular lunch box dish for us now. I owe this recipe idea to my Facebook friends who gave me the confidence to cook the noddles.
Ingredients for 2 servings:
- 1 red onion chopped
- ½ cup sweetcorn
- ½ cup slices tomatoes
- ½ cup sliced capsicums
- ½ sliced green beans
- 2 fresh green chillies sliced in small pieces
- 1 tbls soya sauce
- ½ cup passata
- 1 tbl lemon juice
- 1 tbls brown sugar
- 3-4 cloves of garlic – minced using a garlic press
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- small bunch of fresh coriander
- 1 packet (150gms) straight to wok rice noodles
- 1 tbls sunflower oil
1. Prepare all the vegetables and slice them lengthwise if possible.
2. Heat the oil and add the onions and stir them for a minute or two. Then add all the vegetables and stir once.
3. Add the garlic, salt and pepper.
4. Once the vegetables soften, add the lemon juice, passata, the brown sugar, soy sauce and cook until the mixtures looks lovely and thick. Add the coriander too now.
How do you cook your noodles?