When my husband and I set up home, we just bought saucepans and other kitchen ware from bargain stores as that was all we could afford at the time. I hadn’t heard about good saucepan makes at that time either but I grew up in Kenya where most mums used Indian stye saucepans that didn’t have handles and had to be lifted using a gadget called a sansi.
Surprising how kitchenware especially saucepans have changed over the years. I was really chuffed when I was given the opportunity to try out the Circulon Skillet. I liked the size and weight of the skillet. As it was non stick it makes cooking so much easier.a great choice for those wanting to sear and fry larger volumes of ingredients. The Ultimum range of cookware has been cold forged which ensures superior heat conduction and heats the pan evenly.
The first dish I cooked in the skillet was a dry potato starter which I loved making in the skillet as I was able to cook it without worrying about the potatoes or spices sticking to the bottom.
- 2-3 large boiled potatoes cut into cubes
- ½ cup of sweetcorn
- ½ fresh capsicum (pepper) chopped into small cubes
- ½ cup of mixed nuts like peanuts and cashews or almonds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbls of oil
- 1 tsps of cumin seeds
- some fresh coriander (optional)
- 1 -2 fresh green chilly (optional)
- 2 tsps lemon
- 1 tsp sugar to taste (optional)
- 2-3 tbls tomato ketchup or chili sauce depending on your choice
- Heat the skillet or a frying pan and add 1 tbl of oil and add the cumin seeds. 2. Once the cumin seeds brown add the peanuts and other nuts and allow them to brown slightly.
3. Now add the sweet corn, chilies and capsicum. Add the salt and pepper and stir the mixture.4. Now add the boiled potatoes, mix and allow to cook for 5-6 minutes. Add the lemon juice and sugar and toss the potatoes. Tossing the potatoes in the circulon skillet was a lot easier as the food or spices didn’t stick to the bottom. Add salt pepper as needed.5. Add the tomato sauce or chili sauce and toss again. 6. Garnish and serve the potato starter hot or cold. 7. This is the skillet after transferring the potato starter into a serving dish.
8. The skillet can be dish washed but it is also very easy to hand wash using washing up liquid and a soft brush to ensure the grooves are all clean. This skillet can also be used on Induction hobs. Beat of all – it’s covered by Circulon’s hassle free lifetime guarantee.
Disclaimer- I was sent the Circulon skillet to review. All the views about the product are mine.