The World Idli Day is celebrated every 30th of March each year. Read here for more information. So how could I resist making them?
Idli and rasam are not really my forte as it was not one of those dishes I ever liked as a child. But my husband loves them so having the Gits ready packs of Rava Idli and Sambhar are great for me. Using the ready packs and following the instruction on the pack saves time and the idli rasam dish turn out perfect.
- 1 pack of rava idli
- 1 pack of rasam
- some tamarind and dates chutney
- coconut and yogurt chutney
1.Follow the instructions on the rava idli pack and steam the idlis. I don’t have an idli steamer so I used some silicon cups and steamed the idlis using a wok.
2. Follow the instructions on the rasam pack and make the rasam.
3. Serve the idlis with hot rasam and coconut and tamarind chutneys. As mentioned above, really an easy and time saving dish.
Other Gits pack I have tried are:
Rava Idli and Rasam using Instant Packs
- Follow the instructions on the rava idli pack and steam the idlis. I don’t have an idli steamer so I used some silicon cups and steamed the idlis using a wok.
- Follow the instructions on the rasam pack and make the rasam.
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips ? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.