Please take a look at my alu stuffed paratha recipe which I posted a couple of years ago. I like to make stuffed parathas as an occasional treat and it’s nice to try out different fillings.
In this recipe, I have used paneer, cheddar cheese, onion and potato for the stuffing.
Ingredients for 6-8 parathas:
- For the filling/stuffing:
- 1 boiled, medium potato
- 1 small onion – finely grated
- half cup grated paneer (easy to make paneer recipe here)
- half cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 or 3 green chillies – minced
- small bunch of coriander – cut finely
- half a teaspoon salt
- one teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- pinch of garam masala (optional)
For the paratha dough:
- 2 cups of strong wheat flour (often called Atta or chappati flour)
- pinch of salt
- 1 clove of garlic – minced
- Some sunflower oil
First prepare the dough:
1. Sieve the flour into a mixing bowl.
2. Add the salt and garlic to the flour
3. Add two teaspoons of oil to the flour.
4. Mix well and prepare the dough by adding some warm water to the dough.
5. Keep blending it using a drop of oil so it doesn’t stick to the mixing bowl -until it gets soft and pliable. Let it rest for half an hour.
Next prepare the stuffing:
6. Blend the paneer and chillies, salt, lemon juice, sugar and garam masala.
7. Add the boiled potato, grated onions and cheddar cheese and mix:
8. Make little balls (slightly smaller than golf balls) of your filling and of your dough.
9. Sprinkle some dry flour and roll out the dough to a small circle. Add the filling to the circle
10. Fold in the dough circle, joining all the edges:
11. Sprinkle some flour to the dough circle and turn it over:
12. Using a thin rolling pin, roll out the paratha: The size depend on how much dough and filling you used.
13. Spread a spoonful of oil on the paratha and fry in a non stick pan.
14. Enjoy it with any curry or yoghurt.
Check out the variety of paratha recipes on my blog :
- Plain parathas
- Garlic and coriander Triangle parathas
- Alu stuffed paratha
- Stuffed Parathas (Flatbread) with Quinoa, vegetables and nuts
- parathas with herbs and bread crumbs
- cheese and oregano parathas
- rolled parathas
- spicy parathas with tomato and onion
- Vegan parathas with apple
- Paneer and cheddar cheese stuffed parathas
- PIzza paratha
- Orange Flavoured Paneer Stuffed in Parathas
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips ? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on email@example.com for more information.