The Hindu celebration of Diwali and Hindu New year are approaching and a lot of the Hindu ladies will be busy making traditional sweets and savouries or shopping for these at their favourite mithai farsan shops.
Here are my recipes for the top 10 of the savouries nearly everyone likes to prepare
- First one is my favourite – Kenya chevdo made with lentils, flaked rice, potato chips and nuts.2. Chakri made with a mixture of rice, chick peas, potato and wheat flours.
3. Tikha Gathia made with chick peas and rice flour.
4. Sev – made with chick pea flour with some rice flour added to give it some crispiness.
6. Farsi puri made with plain flour.
7. Chora Fari made with a mixture of flours.
8. Roasted nuts – roasted in the microwave. So easy to make and great to serve with any drinks. I could munch these any time.
10. Farari chevdo – A mixture of nuts and potato chips specially made to have during the hindu fasts.
More recipes on my blog. Can you guess what these are?
I hope that these recipes will inspire you to make some snacks for Diwali. I will share my Indian sweet recipes with you soon.
So what savouries and snacks will you be making for Diwali.